AmCham Job Offer: Policy Officer
The open vacancy is designed for aspiring regulatory professionals with a legal background.
The American Chamber of Commerce in Moldova (AmCham Moldova) is a leading business association, that works closely with companies, the Moldovan public authorities, and international organizations to improve the business climate and establish an investment-friendly environment in Moldova.
- Represent AmCham Moldova member companies in relations with various state authorities and reform-oriented working groups of all levels. Actively engage in projects with the Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Finance, Main State Tax Inspectorate, Government, Parliament, etc.
- Address written correspondence to various state authorities on the resolution of major issues which impact the association’s members. Initiate, elaborate, coordinate, submit, and follow-up position papers to state authorities either on existing constraints or related to draft legal acts.
- Ongoing interaction with current and potential members of the association, specifically with legal managers, business consultants, CFOs, chief accountants, regulatory affairs managers.
- Work closely with AmCham staff responsible for other lines of services (e.g. business networking, member services, and investment attraction).
Major Qualifications / Skills:
- Degree in law
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience managing public, private-public, or other regulatory-related domains, tax administration, customs, financial, trade, or similar areas of responsibility.
- Knowledge of the Moldovan legislative process, stages governing initiation, consultation, approval, and implementation of legal acts.
- Demonstrated ability and track record of effectively communicating with Government officials, regulatory agencies, counterparts, and beneficiaries of a business reform agenda.
- Fluent in English, Romanian and Russian.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills.
Please submit your CV and letter of interest to email@example.com with the title “Policy Officer”. Deadline for application: June 30, 17:00
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.