Open vacancy is designed for aspiring regulatory professionals with a legal background.
The American Chamber of Commerce in Moldova (AmCham Moldova) is a leading business association, working closely with companies, the Moldovan public authorities, and international organizations to improve the business climate and establish an investment friendly environment in Moldova.
- Represent AmCham Moldova member companies in relations with various state authorities and reform oriented working groups of all levels. Actively engage in projects with the Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Finance, Main State Tax Inspectorate, Government, Parliament, etc.
- Address written correspondence to various state authorities on the resolution of major issues which impact association’s members. Initiate, elaborate, coordinate, submit and follow-up position papers to state authorities either on existing constraints or related to draft legal acts.
- Ongoing interaction with current and potential members of the association, specifically with legal managers, business consultants, CFO’s, chief accountants, regulatory affairs managers.
- Work closely with AmCham staff responsible for other lines of services (e.g. business networking, member services, and investment attraction).
Major Qualifications / Skills:
- Degree in law
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience managing public, private-public or other regulatory related domains, tax administration, customs, financial, trade or similar areas of responsibility.
- Knowledge of the Moldovan legislative process, stages governing initiation, consultation, approval and implementation of legal acts.
- Demonstrated ability and track record of effectively communicating with Government officials, regulatory agencies, counterparts and beneficiaries of a business reform agenda.
- Fluent in English, Romanian and Russian.
- Strong leadership, team-work, interpersonal and communication skills.
Please submit your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com with the title “Policy Officer”.
Deadline for application: February 8, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.